Thursday, July 14, 2016

Free Compare File App for Visual Studio.

With this app, you can select any 2 files and compare right away from window explorer..
One useful feature on Micorosoft Visual Studio is comparing files. This feature is available starting form Visual Studio 2012. Unfortunately, you have to type command line to use it. So, there are many plugins in visaul studio that add comparing option on right-click context menu. 

However, I see that compare plugin is still not enough for me. Sometimes I also want to compare files right away from windows explorer. I want to have compare option in windows explorer too.

To acheive this, I decided to write small project on my own called "VSCompareFiles" and share on github. With this app, you can select any 2 files and can compare it by selecting "Compare file" on "Send To" menu like image below 


This will automatically open visual studio and display compare result for you.


To make this app more convenient, I designed the app to not require installation at all! All it need is Visual Studio 2012+ installed on your computer. That's it!

Love it? You can try this app on my github page now.


Happy Coding!

No comments:

Post a Comment